Tuesday, August 06, 2013

West 87th Street in it's former two lane glory. Hickory Hills Illinois. September 1988.

Hi everyone!
This is Eddie K, Your host and photographer here at Eddie's Railfan Page.

I took this photograph way back in early September of 1988.

Believe it or not, this little hilly two lane country road, is actually West 87th Street in southwest suburban Hickory Hills Illinois! "Huh? No way!"

This view is facing west - southwest toward South 88th Avenue, just west of Roberts Road.

During 1995, this roadway was completely torn out, and rebuilt in to the four lanes wide roadway that it is today.

I took my 35 mm camera along with me on a bike ride this day, and boy am I glad that I did.
It is amazing how those random snap shots, can eventually become really good historic reference photographs.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

1 comment:

winslow said...

Beautiful memories