Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Antique wooden Railroad Cabooses. July 1980.

In July of 1980, My family and Myself took a Motor Coach vacation tour from Chicago to the New England States. This duo of antique wooden Railroad Cabooses was seen near one of our rest stops. I was" not In Charge" of our Camera on this tour, but that didn't stop me from "Sneeking" an occasional "Snap Shot" or two when I was holding it. The Cabooses had markings for a Tourist Railroad called "The Otter Valley Railroad", wich I believe had gone out of business around that time. I do not recall what state this was in, possibly New Hampshire or Vermont. If anybody has any information about the defunct Otter Valley Railroad...I would like to know more about it and where it had operated. The antique cabooses -Tall Sailing Ships -Coastline scenery -Seaports -and fascinating places we had visited, like Weirs Beach in New Hampshire -Killington Vermont and Boston Massachusettes
had made this a very happy and memorable Summer Vacation, with many pleasant surprises.

No comments: