This is the old 1914 built Locomotive roundhouse that used to service the Grand Trunk Western railroads locomotives. The roundhouse was torn down around 1987. One of the "Bricked Up" windows came about from a 1979 incident when a locomotive actually crashed through a wall at slow speed. A strip mall now occupies this site.
The electric light poles seen here, originally are from the Kedzie Avenue CTA trolleybus line.
From 1955 to 1969 , they supported twin overhead trolleybus wires on each side of Kedzie Avenue.