Sunday, June 05, 2011





















One familiar sound that has disappeared from the greater Chicagoland area, was the distinctive " Ding - Ding - Ding - Ding" of the miniature railroad crossing signals, at the site of what was the Kiddieland Amusement Park in Melrose Park Illinois.

For many years, I would pass by Kiddieland at the northwest corner of First and North Avenues, and listen to the sound of these crossing signals as the Kiddieland Limited train would pass through the east parking lot.

I miss them.

Thank goodness that I took as many photos that I did when I had the chance to a few years ago. I knew since 1991, that Kiddieland was living on borrowed time.

Chicago's Kiddieland Amusement Park in Melrose Park Illinois, was in business from 1928, until the park had closed for good in 2009.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: