Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Archie's. 1968 Saturday morning tv cartoon show.

One of my many happy memories growing up in Chicago during the 1960's and early 1970's era, was enjoying a very well deserved Saturday morning tv viewing session, watching a number of favorite children's cartoon shows. After a hard week of school homework, school bullys and other hardships that seem tame by today's everyday standards, Saturday morning was definately "My Time" to watch television. This was that fabled land of Co Coa Puffs breakfast cereal commercials, toy advertisements, and plugs for other pre teen product sales pitches between the cartoon showings. One of my personal favorites, was a musical cartoon show that made it's debut in the fall of 1968 known as "The Archie's", and was based on the popular comic book characters of the same name. The show's opening which I spotted on You Tube recently, really took me back in time to a much happier and simpler era I once knew firsthand as a kid myself. Wow! Some of my other favorite cartoon shows I watched back then during the 1960's and 70's were as follows George of the jungle, The Beatles, Yogi Bear, The Harlem Globe Trotter's, Scooby Doo, Magilla Gorilla, Hoppity Hooper, The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle, The Blue Falcon and Dynamutt, Josie and the Pussycat's, Jabber Jaws and many more. Happy memories! Thanks. Eddie K.

1 comment:

Brendan said...

Here is my Archie lunchbox from the 60s

http://flic.kr/p/e6zDuH