Friday, March 15, 2013

Nicky's Hanburgers and Chili at South Archer and Austin Avenues. ( Aka Nicky's Gyros) Chicago Illinois. March 2013.

Hi everyone!
Welcome aboard Eddie's Railfan Page, from the city of Chicago Illinois USA.

I grew up on the southwest side of Chicago during the 1970's, and have many happy memories of some of the tasty and inexpensive local neighborhood fast food stands I would occasionally eat at during the 1970's and 80's.

I was pleasantly surprised recently to see that one of my favorite establishments from that era I used to eat at, was still alive and well in business today.

Seen here at the northeast corner of South Archer and Austin Avenues in Chicago's Garfield Ridge neighborhood near Midway Airport, is a popular local little Greek owned fast food take out restaurant known as "Nicky's".

Many local southside Chicagoans refer to this place as "Nicky's Gyros", although their famous "Big Baby Double Cheesburgers" is what I believe had actually put them on the map many years ago, as well as their Pizza Puffs. Mmmmmm!

Although it was getting nar closing time when I stopped to take this photograph one night recently, I just had to stop and order a Pizza Puff from here. I just had to have one!

Thanks.
Eddie k.

No comments: