Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Long Twin Silver Line - Bob Seger


One thing that you do not hear very much of in popular music circles, is an actual Rock and Roll train song. One of my favorite mainstream rock and roll music groups when I attended Curie High School in Chicago Illinois from 1977 to 1981, was a band from Michigan known as Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet band. I fondly remember during the early spring of 1980 when I was attending my Junior year semester at Curie, that their album "Against The Wind" was released. There were a number of hit singles on this album as well. I went and bought it right away on 33 RPM vinyl album, which was the industry standard back then, along with cassette tapes, and those soon to be phased out 8 track tape cartridges. Although not released as a hit single, I remembered this really cool and quite "Rare" rock and roll train song entitled "Long Twin Silver Line" from the Against the wind album. I believe that this was Bob Seger's "Masterpiece" album of all time. It was certainly one of my favorites back then. Thanks. Eddie K.

No comments: