Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Eddie K, "The Lunchtime Roller Blader." Des Plaines Illinois. Early November 2013.

Hi everyone!
This is Eddie K, your host and photographer here at Eddie's Railfan Page.

Roller blading has really become a fun activity for me during my morning lunch break period, providing that I have enough time to do so, and especially if the weather is working with me on the same page.

It turns out that I am not the only bus driver who enjoys visiting West Park in Des Plaines Illinois during lunch break periods, as various local school bus drivers also like to park in the lot and relax enjoying their lunch in the park as well.

A fellow counter part school bus driver "Tim" from the Durham School Bus Company, offered to take this photograph of me enjoying my roller blade session.

Here I am at West Park on Wolf Road, performing a roller blade runby skate or two for Tim using my camera.

After an 8 year hiatus, I purchased a new pair of roller blade skates along with some safety gear in August of 2013, and returned to roller skating. After some practice and consistent visits to West Park, I am actually now up to performing 5 laps around the park's asphalt exercise track, and may have possibly lost some weight along the way. I definitely feel much better since I began my skating exercise program. Believe me...it is a big difference.

Thanks for taking my photo Tim.

Have a nice day.
Eddie .

1 comment:

Anthony C said...

Keep up the good work!