Monday, December 30, 2013

A northbound Norfolk Southern Railroad freight train. Morton Grove Illinois. Thursday, December 12th, 2013.

I took this photograph in bitterly cold outdoor conditions.

With plenty of beautiful bright sunshine, crystal clear blue sky, and some unfortunate windy and blustery cold temperatures in the upper teens, I snapped this photograph in Morton Grove Illinois.

A slow moving Norfolk Southern Railroad transfer freight train traveling over the former Milwaukee Road Railroad, is viewed passing through the Morton Grove Metra commuter rail station.

Although I was wearing gloves that day, my hands were still stinging me as was my face.
A sharp wind out of the west made this picture a challenge to take, but it was worth it all anyway.

Ah yes, nothing like Chicago winter railroading.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: