Monday, December 30, 2013

Wintertime at Commons Park. North Riverside Illinois. Late December 2013.

Hi everyone!
This is Eddie K, your host and photographer here at Eddie's Railfan Page.

Well folks, once again it's Wintertime here in the greater Chicagoland area, which is also that time of the year that I refer to as "The Off Season."

I took this photograph yesterday, as I was passing through North Riverside Illinois in Chicago's western suburbs.

One of my all time favorite local "Haunts" I enjoy visiting in Chicago's western suburbs, is this very family friendly and scenic park located between West 26th Street and West Cermak Road along the east side of Des Plaines Avenue, known as Commons Park.

With bitterly cold temperatures, a few if any people walking through the park, cold winds whistling through the bare tree branches and exposed grass from a recent thaw two days ago, Commons Park at the time of my visit was definitely a scene from Chicago's cold and blustery "Off Season".

When the warm and sunny days of springtime return a few months from now, this place will once again be a place of great seasonal beauty with children playing in the fields and climbing the hill, ducks in the pond, and many colorful flowers to be seen and enjoyed.

A recent addition to Comons Park, is that asphalt bicycle and walking path in this photograph, which was until recently a concrete sidewalk. I just may be coming here this upcoming springtime season, to do a little roller blading in my spare time.

This is a very lovely park worth visiting.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: