Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Eddie K, "The Lunchtime Roller Blader." Des Plaines Illinois. October 2013.

One of my personal happy memories of 2013, was my return to roller skating after an 8 year hiatus.

With nice weather, a lovely local place known as West Park in Des Plaines Illinois, stylish work out clothes, safety gear and brand new roller blade skates, I began enjoying a new recreational activity during my morning lunch break periods.

I skated until the eventual seasonal cold and wet weather of November arrived in the greater Chicagoland area, followed by snow and temperatures in the teens or lower outdoors.

Word has it, that the greater Chicagoland area may be expecting warm temperatures in the upper 30's by later this week.

If the snow and ice melt..heck! I just may be putting my roller blades back on and do some surprise wintertime roller blading in the near future. (I sure hope so.)

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: