Monday, December 16, 2013

An early 1970's era Illinois Central Gulf switching local passes by.

I took this photograph a few weeks ago, at the Oak Park Society of Model Engineers,H.O Scale Model Railroad Club.

I grew up on the near southwest side of Chicago during the 1960's, 70's and 80's.
There was a great abundance of railroad lines in this part of the windy city, and the
Illinois Central Gulf was definitely one of
my favorites back then.

I model the early days / years of the ICG circa 1972 to 1976. The ICG was a colorful railroad with a variety of equipment and color schemes, that took several years to repaint after the August 10th, 1972 merger of the Illinois Central and the Gulf, Mobile & Ohio Railroads.

I enjoy modeling this railroad today in H.O scale, and operate my happy memories in miniature at the model railroad club.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: