Monday, October 23, 2006

The Circus comes to Chicago. Wednsday October 18th 2006.

I took this photograph of one of those railroad "Extra Movements" waiting on a hold order. I was just returning to My place of employment to turn in My paperwork, after spending a day out in the field making sales. Seen here just west of the Belt Railway of Chicago fly over viaduct, is the inbound Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus Train. I stopped My car along West Kinzie Street approximately 4 blocks west of North Kilbourn Avenue to photograph this scene looking west at 4:30 PM Central Time during a heavy rain. At approximately 4:50 PM, the dispatcher gave this train the "Go Ahead" order to proceed to its temporary Chicago Terminal location. looking west along the Union Pacific mainline, this is the begining of elevated style embankment running. This goes from Cicero Avenue in Chicago, to First Avenue U.S Rt # 171 in suburban Maywood Illinois.

No comments: