Monday, October 30, 2006

A hearty meal after work. Darcy Lynn's Snack Shop. 8605 West Ogden Avenue. Lyons Illinois USA. September 2006.

Hello everyone!
Welcome once again to Eddie's Railfan Page.
You'll have to excuse Me, but I just got out of work for the day, and I am STARVING! Ha ha!
This is one of My favorite local Chicagoland Diners to eat at in the Western Suburbs. I took this photograph of one of My favorite Entree's -
"Biscuits and Gravy". MMMMM!
This is Darcy Lynn's Snack Shop located at 8605 West Ogden Avenue in the village of Lyons Illinois. The food is really good here, the prices are reasonable, and they always take good care of this hungry railfan. Nice people to visit. Care to join Me for dinner? After this, we will visit some local railfaning activity on the CSX Transportation's former B&OCT Line in Cicero Illinois.

2 comments:

Tom Gill said...

This post is making me hungry! I haven't had biscuits and gravy for a few months. The absolute best I've ever had was at a little truck stop called Welco on US 6 in Walkerton,Indiana. Their biscuits and gravy were great, but under them were homemade American fried potatoes (like hashbrowns only larger chunks).

A simple little addition, but man, they filled you up.

Second best was a small diner in southern Georgia back in the 90's.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, that's some gooood eatin'!

Reminds me a bit of Snuffy's diner in McCook, on Joliet Road just east of the 171 overpass. It's really close to the BNSF (ex-SF) line that runs through town. But beware--you've gotta really love greasy spoons to like Snuffy's. It's just about the most rundown joint I've ever been in. But that's part of why it's so great!

Anthony