Friday, October 06, 2006

The last day of the operating season. The Hesston Steam Museum. Hesston Indianna USA. Late October 1991.

On a cold windy and rainy day in late October of 1991, the Czechloslovakian 0 -4 - 0t side tank steam locomotive and two open summer excursion coaches are making one of the last runs on the museum mainline at Hesston Indianna. I rode on the very last run of the season about an hour or so later. The best part of all was, the crew told Me to "Hop On Board Buddy". I told them I didn't have a ticket. To My surprise they said -"Never mind the ticket buddy! The last rides free! This is the last run of the year pal!" This is how the museum looks like around the time they are closing for the upcoming winter. The weather was filled with heavy overcast skies -drizzle -and temperatures in the low to mid 40's. While somewhat unpleasant riding an open car in the cold rain, I still found it fun to do.

No comments: