Friday, December 07, 2007

Main Street on My old H.O Scale Trolley Layout. 1998.

Nothing says Holiday Magic quiete like the sight of a miniature model train layout.
Back in the late 1990's, I actually experimented by modeling an electric city streetcar layout. I was suffering from a major "Lack of Space" at My Parents house where I lived while I was still single, and most of My H.O equipment from My former Model Railroad layouts, was in storage.

I din't have a lot of money to spend, and didn't want to just go and Jump into N Scale. To temporarilly solve this problem, I built a small H.O Traction Layout. My layout was just a small loop of track with tight 9 Inch Radious Curves, and required modifying My Bachman Brill Trolleys to negotiate the curves by cutting holes in the floor in the truck area to swing wider.

While I modelled no specific prototype, My layout represented an Historic system like Kenosha Wisconsin, Lowel Massachusettes, or even the Memphis Main Street Trolley.

No comments: