Friday, December 21, 2007

The Funway Roller Rink. Batavia Illinois USA. December 2007.

Happy Holidays everybody!
Welcome aboard Eddie's Railfan Page.
I was passing through Batavia Illinois recently, and stopped to visit a place I haven't visited in 7 years. Located on U.S Route # 25 on the east side of the Fox River, is the Funway Roller Rink and Ultimate Family Recreation Center.

For many years begining in 1980, My Family would periodically visit Funway and take Me for an afternoon of Roller Skating Fun! The Rink and building wasn't opened yet for the day, but the very Nice Manager, and Maintenance crew invited Me to come inside, explore and take pictures of the New and Improved Funway facility, to show everyone on My blog site. Nice!

Since My last visit seven years ago, they have added an indoor Bowling Alley, remodelled the roller rink, and put in a new pinball and video arcade section on the upper leval. Outdoor attractions on the property for Spring and Summer include, Batting Cages, Go Karts, and Bumper Boats. This is a really great place to take Your Family to during those long winter months or anytime for that matter. More informtion can be obtained at www.funwaybatavia.com

Seen in the foreground, is one of the walking model Floor refinishing machines used to maintain the Roller Rinks very smooth Pollyurethane Floor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks like a really fun place!
I love to go Roller Skating!
Thanks Eddie.
You made My day.

Jane and Family.

Unknown said...

I used to go with my Dad in the early 80's when it was Just a rink and skate shop .. thanks for the blog :)