Thursday, June 09, 2011

Chicago's Adam Furniture Store at South Archer and Oak Park Avenues. Sponsored local Sunday morning ethnic polka music radio program during the 1970's.

I took this photo , back in April of 2007.

Seen here on South Archer Avenue just west of the intersection of South Oak Park Avenue in Chicago's Garfield Ridge neighborhood, is non other than the Adam Furniture store.

During the 1970's and early 1980's, My Parents used to listen to a Sunday Polka Music radio program on WTAQ Radio in west suburban La Grange Illinois on the AM frequency.

I recall that Adam Furniture, was a local sponsor of the radio show. They even had their own unique Polish Polka Music style radio jingle entitled "Adam on Archer."

I do not quiete remember all of the lyrics because it has been many years ago since I had heard this jingle. I do recall that it sounded something like...

Better Prices every day at A -Dam on Archer.

Does anyone remeber the jingle or the lyrics today?

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: