Sunday, April 07, 2013

Southbound Canadian Pacific transfer train passing through Hawthorne Junction. Chicago / Cicero Illinois. June 2007.

I took this photograph after work one afternoon, back in June of 2007.

I was hanging out with my camera, enjoying some lineside railfanning activity at Hawthorne Junction along the Chicago city limits border adjacent to west suburban Cicero Illinois.

Many of the transfer freight trains that I have seen traveling over the north and south Belt Railway of Chicago tracks through here, are from the Canadian Pacific Railroad.

I captured this two train meet upon my arrival at the junction. The northbound train is of unknown origin, as I had missed the locomotives passing by, but the southbound was one of many Canadian Pacific trains enroute to the Belt Railway of Chicago Clearing Yard facility in Bedford Park Illinois.

No comments: