Friday, May 03, 2013

The Friends Of Distinction. "Grazing in the grass". 1969.

Growing up in a city like Chicago Illinois during the 1960's and 70's era, was a time for listening and enjoyong many of the "Hot" music acts of the era. One of my personal favorites, was this fun and uptempo dance number from a music group known as "The Friends Of Distiction". I was only 7 years old in the year of 1969, when their big Top 40 / Soul / R & B smash hit songle "Grazing In The Grass" was released. This was one of the "Grooviest" dance songs of this time...as some of the "Cool -Hip" young people used to say back then. It took me a long time to even try to learn those tricky lyrics that went "I can Dig It -He Can Dig It - She Can Dig It -They Can Dig It -We Can Dig It-You Can Dig It...Can You Dig It Ba-by? Wow! That is still a mouthful today. It was a fun song from my own childhood, and I still love listening to it today on any given oldies radio station.

No comments: