Monday, January 20, 2014

The historic Watch Factory Depot. Elgin Illinois. January 2014.

I took this photograph at work today during my lunch break.

My paratransit bus company, sent me on a passenger pick up in Palatine Illinois, heading out west to the city of Elgin.

I took a lunch break after the drop off, and spotted this local historical landmark on National Street on the east side of the Fox River in downtown Elgin Illinois.

Seen here is the preserved Watch Factory Depot, which had served the factory workers at the Elgin National Watch Factory just a few blocks west of here.

I will be doing some research on this old early 1900's era wooden train station, which I may believe to have been serving the passengers on the Chicago, Aurora And Elgin Railroad prior to 1957, when all C,A & E passenger service had ceased.

No comments: