Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Addison Street CTA Brown Line rapid transit station. March 2006.

I took this photo at work, on March 1st 2006. My soft drink company I work for was doing a big promotion on Green River soda, and sent Me downtown to prospect some of the old Osco drug stores prior to the CVS takeover. Parking in downtown Chicago Illinois, is either hard to come by, or very expensive. So I took the Chicago Transit Authority's Brown Line rapid transit. Seen here is My train arriving at the west Addison Street station near north Ashland Avenue. This station has since been closed, and is being rebuilt to accomodate 8 car rush hour trains instead of the original 6 car standard, and better accessibility for the elderly and handicapped patrons. Prior to the CTA's use of color coding the rapid transit lines during the 1990's, this particulair line was known as the "Ravenswood Elevated Line". It still had wooden platforms in 2006.

No comments: