Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Kiddieland Amusement Park train at night. Melrose Park Illinois USA. September 2006.

The Kiddieland Amusement Park train at night. Kiddieland Amusement Park. Melrose Park Illinois USA. September 2006.

I took this photo at night one evening in September of 2006, at Chicago's Kiddieland Amusement Park in northwest suburban Melrose Park Illinois. 2009 has been announced as Kiddieland;s "Last" season of operation. The park is to officially close for good on Sunday, September 27th 2009. Images like this will soon be lost forever.
Please get those historic photos and vudeos while You can before it's too late.

2 comments:

Lin said...

I used to take my daugher to Kiddieland when she was little. So many other local amusement parks have gone before this. The only thing left is Great America! How sad. I'll miss seeing Kiddieland as I travel down North Avenue. Wonder what will be built in it's place.

Eddie said...

I grew up with the Fairyland Amusement Park in west suburban Lyons Illnois, and Playland Park in southwest suburban Justice Illinois as well as Kiddieland.
I will greatly miss this place as well.

A former Kiddieland miniature steam locomotive operates at the Hesston Steam Museum in Hesston Indiana. www.hesston.org

Thanks Lin.
Eddie K.