Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Polar Bear ice cream drive in restaurant. North Riverside Illinois. Early September 2006.

Hi everyone!

Welcome aboard Eddie's Railfan Page, from the city of Chicago Illinois USA.

Aside from My obvious interests in trains and transportation subjects, I also have had this life long fascination with roadside drive in restaurants from the past.

I took this photo one night, back in September of 2006. One of My all time seasonal favorite local Chicago area roadside drive in restaurants, is The Polar Bear ice cream stand on West Cermak Road, in the west suburban village of North Riverside Illinois.

I have been coming here ever since the mid 1970's. There has been a change of owner or two along the way, but it is still the same great seasonal Summertime place it has always been for great soft serve ice cream.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: