Friday, February 08, 2013

New York Central Railroad cigar band logo. Used from the late 1950's until the 1968 merger with the Pennsylvania Railroad that created the Penn Central Railroad. From the internet.

I found this photograph a few years ago at my link page Fallen Flags.Org, which is located to the right of your computer screen at www.rr-fallenflags.org

One of my personal all time favorite American railroad company corporate logos, was the famous New York Central Railroad "Cigar Band" logo, which the former New York Central introduced during the late 1950's.
To me, it looked great against the jade green painted "New Image" New York Central color scheme.

I have an H.O Scale Athearn 50 foot double door box car in this color scheme, that I operate at the Oak Park Society of Model Engineers,H.O Scale Model Railroad Club occasionally.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: