Tuesday, April 09, 2013

The Snowflake Drive In on Ogden Avenue. (Gone) Lyons Illinois. May 1989.

Hi everyone!
Welcome aboard Eddie's Railfan Page, from the city of Chicago Illinois USA.

I took this photograph way back in May of
1989.

One of my favorite seasonal soft serve roadside ice cream stands I used to enjoy visiting in the greater Chicagoland area many years ago, was the Snowflake Drive In.

The Snowflake Drive In, was located at the intersection of South Ogden and Lawndale Avenues, in west suburban Lyons Illinois.

When I would ride my bicycle through here on the wekend occasionally, I enjoyed stopping for tasty and inexpensive treats like a hot Pizza Puff, or a soft serve ice cream cone to go.

The Snowflake Drive In was demolished at some point within the last ten years, and replaced with a Culver's Soft Serve ice cream restaurant out of view to the right of this photograph.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

1 comment:

winslow said...

Used to go here all the time. Great custard