Friday, January 04, 2008

Model Railroad memorys. My First H.O layout. Febuary 1986.

This is one of the first photographs I had taken after deciding to get involved in 1/87 H.O Scale Model Railroading back in Febuary of 1986. Believe Me...It was a Trial and Error learning experience all the way for Me.
My first layout was basically a loop of track on a 4' x 4' board made of pressed composite wood.
( Not a good choice. Pressed wood easilly breaks.)

My rolling stock was a Mix of Athearn, Bachman, and used Tyco cars with both truck mounted and body mounted Horn Hook plastic couplers.
I bought that old Tyco Caboose for about a Dollar at a local hobby store, and just couldn't resist adding those tall 1971 Era Norfolk & Western Railroad NW markings. The real N&W had a fleet of simular cabooses acquired from the 1964 merger with the Wabash Railroad. I have built and operated several small layouts since.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eddie.
If You will look at Your links page for Wisconsin Railfan, You will see two preserved examples of those former Wabash slanted cupola cabooses at the Monticello Railroad Museum.

Craig.

Fuzzy said...

Neat! I bought a few of those, with a goal of "modernizing" them for my fictional road; I don't think I ever got around to doing anything with them, and I'm sure they're in storage someplace...