Wednesday, January 09, 2008

The original White Castle building at South Archer and Kedzie Avenues prior to demolition. Chicago Illinois USA. March 1985.

I took this photo in Chicago's brighton Park neighborhood in March of 1985. This was the original 1960's era White Castle Hamburgers that stood on the northwest corner of South Archer and Kedzie Avenues. A new restaurant building out of view to the right, was almost completed and would soon be opening for business very soon. The original building was in the process of being phased out, and would soon meet the bulldozer in a few weeks. The building is seen during it's last weeks of operation in 1985.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eddie, I cannot believe you have this picture. I was thinking about this building the other day when we were talking about older style White Castles. I thought I would never see a picture of this one again. I was going to ask you, but looks like you already delivered. Thanks Eddie,
Dennis (tininjun65)

Brokecompsoul said...

Eddie,

Thanks for posting this. I didn't realize that the old one had been gone for over twenty years. When I was young I remember my mom taking me here from time to time.