Friday, January 25, 2008

The Metra Harlem Avenue commuter rail station. Berwyn Illinois USA. Early January 2008.

I took this photo one January morning in 2008. Seen here, is the Metra Harlem Avenue commuter rail station on the BNSF Railway 3 track Chicago to Aurora Illinois Racetrack. The Christmas Holidays have ended, and the decorative Evergreen garland and seasonal decorations will soon be removed from the station. This station is located in west suburban Berwyn Illinois, just east of the border of Riverside Illinois.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, Eddie:

Vince here again, great photos,
I enjoy viewing them all.
This particular photo caught my
eye because I lived almost right where you stood to take this photo.

My first 4 years of life were at 7118 Windsor ave. My Dad used to drink at the Oasis Bar on the corner in the 60's. WHat memories.

Remember X-mas a couple of years ago a drunk driver drove right through the brick wall of this station killing the ticket agent???

FYI: I was born at MacNeal a month after Robert Buzek, it must of been fate that we are still friends today. In 1971, we moved
to Cuyler Ave. Oak Park, where my Mom still lives just one block away from Mrs. Beverly Buzek, Dave's Mother.

Thanks Eddie