Thursday, November 19, 2009

A trio of trolley freight motors at work switching museum rolling stock. The Illinois Railway Museum. Union Illinois USA. November 1976.

Electric trolley freight motors at work switching museum rolling stock. The Illinois Railway Museum. Union Illinois. November 1976.

I was only 14 years old and using My parent's Kodak 110 Pocket camera when I took this photo back in early November of 1976. I would not own My first 35mm camera until almost 7 years later from the time of this photo.

My Family and I, visited the Illinois Railway Museum on a sunny but chilly day in early November of 1976. The regular museum operating season was practically over, but they were operating a former Chicago, North Shore & Milwaukee Railroad city streetcar that operated originally in Waukeegan Illinois on this day.

This is a behind the scenes image of museum support operations at work. This trio of electric interurban trolley freight motors, are viewed switching museum rolling stock in the yard sidings.

This was how the Illinois Railway Museum looked like back in much simpler earlier times. They only had a little over a mile of mainline demonstration track, and the trolley loop didn't exist yet.

No comments: