Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Parking lot reconstruction at the Metra, Lake Forest commuter rail station. Lake Forest Illinois USA. August 2009.

Parking lot reconstruction. Lake Forest Illinois. August 2009.

I took this photo on a rainy norning in August of 2009, at the Lake Forest Illinois Metra commuter rail station. The south parking lot was already stripped down to the bare concrete and gravel, and heavy reconstructon and paving work will soon resume.

Parked here on site with no construction crew anywhere on the property, is a specialized heavy road work machine utilized in spreading fresh Asphalt. I was able to get up close and capture this image , no questions asked. Nice.

I see these machines quiete a bit around the greater Chicagoland area these days, but I do not have a clue as to what name they are known as.
If there are any road construction workers that read My blogsite out there...Please,
what are these machines called and how do they work ? I would like to know. Ok?

Thanks.
Eddie K

No comments: