Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Inside Chicago's Kiddieland Amusement Park. Thursday, October 8th 2009 after the park had closed for good. Melrose Park Illinois USA.

Chicago's Kiddieland Amusement Park. Melrose Park Illinois. Thursday, October 8th 2009 after the park had closed.

This photo is a rare inside the park photo taken at the recently closed Kiddieland Amusement Park site in near northwest suburban Melrose Park Illinois. I took this photo during My lunch break on Thursday morning, October 8th 2009.

With the rides on the midway still assembled and an open south service gate in sight, I spoke to a park maintenance worker about possibly seeing a manager that day. I had y camera with Me and wanted to take some last photos on the midway if possible.

There wasn't any manager on the property at the time, but this kind worker walked with Me on the property. I also agreed to keep My unofficial visit short that day.
A sad sight indeed on this rainy Autum day, are the rides on the Children's Midway now taken out of service.

Kiddieland closed for good on Sunday, September 27th 2009 after 81 years in operation at the Melrose Park Illinois site.

No comments: