Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Enjoying a bite to eat after work at Nick's Drive In. Chicago Illinois USA. September 2008.

Nick's Drive In. Chicago Illinois. September 2008.

Hello everyone!

Welcome aboard Eddie's Railfan Page from the city of Chicago Illinois.

Sometimes after work if I am really hungry or have the time and energy to do it, I occasionally enjoy stopping for some delicious and inexpensive fast food.

Seen here on the west side of North Harlem Avenue on the "Chicago" side of the city limits border just acrross the street from north suburban Niles Illinois, is a pleasant Greek owned fast food establishment I have come to know as "Nick's Drive In".

Nicks is located on the west side of North Harlem Avenue, just north of the intersection of Harlem and Touhy Avenues. The food is pretty good here and the prices are within reason by all means. The Grecian Gyros and the Cheeseburgers are good, but My personal favorite here is the Chilli.

Blame it on My southside Chicago roots, but I just can't resist having an occasional bowl of Chilli with a Tamale in it. Southsiders like Myself and a few others often refer to these as a "Tamale Boat". Mmmmm!

I always enjoy stopping here on occasion on My way home from work. I pass it everyday in traffic anyway.

Greetings from Chicago!

Eddie K.

No comments: