Sunday, April 25, 2010

Belt Railway of Chicago # 521 spotting cars. Bedford Park Illinois USA. March 1985.

Belt Railway of Chicago EMD switcher # 521 spotting cars. Bedford Park Illinois. March 1985.

I took this photo one day while I was job searching during a period of unemployment back in early March of 1985.

I didn't normally take My 35MM camera with Me when I was chasing down job applications and interviews, but for some unexplained reason...I brought it along on this cold and dismal overcast late Winter day.

Although I did not land one single job that day in the Bedford Industrial Park, I caught this rare image of Belt Railway of Chicago EMD SW series yard switcher # 521 at work. The engine and crew were working on an industrial switching local assignment, picking up and setting out cars along the factory spur sidings near West 73rd Street in southwest suburban Bedford Park Illinois.

No comments: