Friday, April 30, 2010

Digital Live Sound Video: The maiden run of Eddie K's "New" Athearn H.O Scale train at The Oak Park Society of Model Engineers club layout.



I photographed this digital live sound video after work on Wednsday night, April 28th 2010.

After I was finished with attending one of My company's mandatory safety meetings, I was able to dash across town from Glenview to west suburban Oak Park Illinois. I just made it in time to attend the last hour of Wednsday nights operation.

I just recently purchased this Athearn H.O Scale EMD GP 35 roadswitcher in 1960's era Santa Fe markings, a Grand Trunk Western 40 foot boxcar, and a plain pre 1968 A,T & S,F cupola caboose. Here they are finally getting a chance to make their very first run, on the Oak Park Society of Model Engineers club layout. I will be adding some more cars very soon.

This train, is a generic representation of the mid 1960's era Atchinson, Topeka & Santa Fe Railroad's local freight trains that served lineside industries along the mainline. Branchline switching locals were still the domain of first generation EMD, Baldwin, Fairbanks Morse and Alco locomotives.

No comments: