Thursday, May 10, 2007

Eastbound CTA Route # 77 Belmont Avenue bus leaving the west terminal at Cumberland Avenue. River Grove Illinois USA. April 2007.

I took this photo from My car's front windshield, one bright and sunny early Spring morning in 2007. I was stuck in a westbound traffic jam, and spotted the eastbound Belmont Avenue bus leaving the west turnaround loop at Cumberland Avenue. Luckilly I had My camera ready as well.

This is where many eastbound morning rush hour commutes begin on west Belmont Avenue.
Prior to 1973, this was an electric trolleybus turnaround loop. Many of the old black cast iron line poles from 1949, can still be seen along sections of Belmont Avenue today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Cumberland Terminal on Belmont Ave. is where me and my mother would pick up my aunt. Who would take the Belmont Ave. Bus from Long Ave. to meet us. When we came up Cumberland/1st. Ave. coming from Brookfield.