Monday, May 14, 2007

Steam locomotive cab interior. Chicago Gravel Company 0-6-0 # 18. On display in Bensenville Illinois USA. July 2006.

This is a "Rare" photograph I had the opportunity to take.
I was on temporary assignment last July and part of August, after one of My company's sales reps had left.
Seen here on display in Veterans Park, is an old 1922 ALCO
(American Locomotive Company) 0-6-0 steam switcher.
The locomotive was originally the Studebaker Automobile Factory switcher in South Bend Indiana. When the people at Studebaker no longer needed it, it was sold to the Chicago Gravel Company in South Elgin Illinois. After Chicago Gravel Company retired it from service, it was cosmetically restored and donated to the town of Bensenville Illinois in 1961.

Normally, the engine is behind a tall chain link fence. The day I took this photo, several park workers were cutting the grass around this display and doing various landscaping jobs. I asked
the supervisor very nicely if I could get some photos on board behind the fence. To My surprise He said "Sure! Just be carefull while You are doing that." I replied "Thank You sir".

This is the view from the Firemans seat, looking toward the Engineers controls and seat.

No comments: