Thursday, May 17, 2007

Orange IHB locomotives switching Argo Yard. Summit Illinois USA. Early January 2007.

One of My favorite railroad color schemes in recent times, is the beautiful bright orange and black that the Indiana Harbor Belt began using in 2005. This isn't the first IHB orange color scheme either. During 1980, the IHB began painting a small fleet of their old EMD NW-2 switchers in a much more plain looking orange with black letters, and was "Short Lived".
Seen here moving eastbound past the yard office with a cut of cars, are two larger EMD roadswitchers in the IHB's "New" orange colors.
These beautiful bright orange locomotives were just the thing to add color to a gray winter sky.

1 comment:

tlee169 said...

I went from switchman to clerk in this building when I learned the only course in high school that was important was typing. The youngest ten switchmen were cut off but they kept me. Soon after I went to Norpaul Yard and stayed until I got a real estate license at 21.