Friday, June 08, 2007

Summer evening fun at the Saint Richard's parish carnival. Chicago Illinois USA. July 1988.

For many years in the city of Chicago...My summer
wasn't complete without a visit or two at the annual
summer carnival at Saint Richard's Catholic parish.
Saint Richard's parish was located on South Kostner Avenue
and West 50th Street near Chicago's Midway Airport.
This carnival was a real blast to attend with Live bands -
good food -rides -games -and My old 8MM Kodak Brownie
wind up silent movie camera in hand. As You can see...The
35MM photographic opportunities weren't too bad either.
When I was litterly stuck inside during the wintertime, I would fire up the projector or watch the movies I had dubbed to VHS,
and watch the people strolling around in shorts and tank tops.

2 comments:

leomemorial said...

I remember this. We used to go every summer, as I lived on 64th/Long in Clearing.

What happened to St Richards?

Eddie said...

Hi Leomemorial.
As far as I know, the Parish
and the annual summer carnival
there, is still ALIVE and WELL.
I havn't been to it in 10 years
unfortunately, as things like..
unemployment -dating relationships
family commitments and now married life...have eaten up all My time
and occasionally -My cash too.
Me and My lovely Wife Cheryl may be going there one night this year.

The Carnival is usually held in late July or early August of any
given year. I miss it.

Thank You.
Eddie.