Friday, June 22, 2007

The original Chickie's Hot Dogs on South Pulaski Road. Chicago Illinois USA. June 2007.

I was passing through My old Chicago neighborhod one day on a business call, and stopped to photograph the original Chickie's Hot Dogs on South Pulaski Road near west 28th Street. After doing business at this location in the Little Village neighborhood for 45 years, the Family that owns it decided to sell the store.
Not to worry! Chickie's business has expanded, and they are pursuing suburban locations around Chicagoland. This place is as old as I am, and I can recall childhood memorys of eating here with My Family during the 1960's and 70's. This was a great place for Chicago style Hot Dogs -Italian Beef and Sausage -and Home Cut French fries.
I witnessed several now famous Chicago restaurants such as Connie's Pizza -Home Run Inn Pizza -Giordano's -Eli's Cheesecake -Lalo's -Mi Tierra -Nicky's gyros -and Al's italian Beef
before they were even famous and franchised with several locations. This may be one of them.

No comments: