Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Fighting to keep Illinois U.S Route # 12 /# 45 clear during a snowstorm. Franklin Park Illinois USA. Late January 2008.

The greater Chicagoland area, has been fighting what seems to be a never ending battle with occasional heavy lake effect snowstorms during the winter of 2008. I took this photo while driving northbound on Manheim road -Illinois U.S Route # 12 / # 45 in northwest suburban franklin Park illinois, back in late January of 2008. City snowplow trucks from Chicago and the many bordering and outlying suburban municipalities have been constantly busy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel cold as I look at your local snow pictures. Very good job! I'd like to see you take snow pictures of Des Plaines Methodist Campgrounds & the Kinder house. Also the deer grazing in the snow in the forest preseve on Cumberland south of the highway.

Eddie said...

Hi!
That really sounds nice. Where is
this located at? I may stop there.
My Wife likes to see the Deers.

Thank You.
Eddie K.