Thursday, March 01, 2012










I found this classic 1970's era photo from the Chessie System Railroad at My Link page Fallen Flags.Org, wich is located to the right of Your computer screen at www.rr-fallenflags.org

Being from the southside of Chicago Myself, one of My favorite railroads I had grown up with during the 1960's and 70's era, was the former Baltimore & Ohio as well as the 1972 succesor railroad Chessie System. The Chessie System was created from the 1972 merger of the Baltimore & Ohio, The Chesapeke & Ohio, and the Western Maryland Railroads.

This photo from the Gary Overfield collection, is only listed as being photographed during April of 1974. Still, this image captures a typical 1970's era B & O / Chessie System head end locomotive lash up like I used to witness in daily service on the southside of Chicago during the 1970's and early 1980's.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: