Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Early 1970's era Illinois Central Gulf Railroad switching local. December 2011.

I took this photo last December, at the Oak Park Society of Model Engineers H.O Scale Model Railroad Club.

I have happy memories of growing up on the near southwest side of Chicago Illinois during the 1960's and early 1970's era. This is the era I pretty much chose to model.

This photograph recreates the early 1970's era on the southside of Chicago. (To Me anyway.)

My Life Like Proto 2000 EMD SW 7, is wearing the pre 1967 colors and markings of the former Illinos Central Railroad. The trailing Athearn 40 foot Hi Cube boxcar, is wearing the 1967 Illinois Central "New Image" color scheme of orange with the large I.C "Split Rail" logo and large block style lettering.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: