Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Glen Campbell - William Tell Overture (From The Donny & Marie Osmond Show)


I spotted this unique and fun music video from country singer and guitarist Glen Campbell on You Tube.

Happy memories are one of the things that fuel the fun and interest here at Eddie's Railfan Page, and I too have a happy memory to go with this musical selection.

In the year of 1977 when I was 15 years old, Glen Campbells hit song "Southern Nights" was released. I myself was a big fan of mainstream country music back then, and I bought the 45 RPM vinyl single record of this not long after it's release. I was pleasantly surprised to see that he performed an guitar solo instrumental recording of the classical music favorite Rossini's the "William Tell Overature", which became known in later years as "The Lone Ranger" radio and television show theme.

Here is Glen Campbell performing the William Tell Overture on the Donny and Marie Osmond TV Show
way back in the 1970's on American prime time television.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: