Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Brighton Junction.Chicago Illinois USA. January 2007.

Seen here on a very cold and windy Chicago winter morning, is a BNSF Railway unit coal train waiting for clearance to proceed across the Canadian National Railroad ex Illinois Central mainline. The BNSF train was being held for an incoming Amtrak train to Chicago Union Station.
Unfortunately, My digital camera batteries died on Me just as the Amtrak was approaching from the west. Dang it! However...This scene made it all worthwhile in the long run.

1 comment:

Tom Gill said...

You'll notice your digital camera batteries won't last so long when it's cold outside. Last week when I photographed the frozen lake, my battery indicator came on so I stopped shooting. Once the camera warmed up inside, I was able to take many more photos - didn't charge the batteries for two more days!