Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Farewell 2006. A new begining for an old railfan, and a great year for Chicago railfanning!

Hello everybody!
Happy new year from Eddie's Railfan Page!
Today, we will be looking back at what was for Me, a great year for Chicago railfaning.
After many years of sitting in storage, many of My old 1980's vintage railfan photographs were finally put on photo CD's. Not long after that, My good friend "Tom" from My links page "Tom's photos and comments helped Me start up My own blog site "Eddie's Railfan Page", in June Cheryl and Myself became Husband and Wife. My wife is very supportive of My railfan interests and actually enjoys trains. (Yes!) In August, I bought My first digital camera, and in December -Eddie's Railfan Page became a Yahoo groups page too. It has been a trully great year for this old railfan. My interest has been revived and it's great to be back!
Although many things have happened in recent years, such as My favorite 1980's railroads being swallowed up in corporate mergers, or the many security concerns after the September 11th 2001 Terrorist Attacks on our Nation... I am still a railfan preserving local history.

Thank You for supporting My railfan blog site in 2006.

Eddie K.

No comments: