Thursday, November 05, 2009

A mid 1960's era CTA Flxible transit bus at the West 63rd Place and South Kedzie Avenue terminal loop. Chicago Illinois USA. July 1985.

Mid 1960's vintage CTA Flxible bus at West 63rd Place and South Kedzie Avenue terminal loop. Chicago Illinois. July 1985.

This is indeed one of My all time personal favorites in My collection of bus photos I had taken over the course of time.

I took this photo on a hot summer morning in July of 1985. An era was in the process of winding down at the Chicago Transit Authority's bus terminal loop at South Kedzie Avenue and West 63rd Place. I photographed this mid 1960's era CTA Flxible 40 foot transit bus waiting for departure.

These Flxible buses had served Chicago for many years, and were now in their last full year of passenger service for the CTA. The Flxibles were retired in 1986.
Some went on after the fact for the CTA, in maintenance work bus service.

No comments: