Sunday, May 22, 2011

An up close and detailed view of the Grand Trunk Western Railroad Elsdon Depot on west 51st Street. ( Gone. ) Chicago Illinois USA. October 1983.

I took this photo way back in October of 1983, at the very soon to be closed Grand Trunk Western Elsdon Yard on West 51st Street in Chicago Illinois.

I took a photo I had posted many times before of the wooden two story 1888 built Elsdon depot, and decided to see what would happen if I cropped it on the computer.

This is a low leval detailed shot of the station platform, bay window, and that ever popular blue bench to the right of the photo.

Elsdon yard was actually in the final week of operation during My visit, and would be closed for good the following Monday. The station seen here just east of South Lawndale Avenue on West 51st Street, would be demolished in November of 1983.

No comments: