Monday, May 23, 2011

A flyer from the Franklin Park Public Library, promoting Eddie K's May 14th, 2011 presentation.

I took this photo one week ago, at the Franklin Park Public Library.

The main theme of My presentation, was a multi media presentation I had put together about Chicago's Kiddieland Amusement Park in Melrose Park Illinois.

This family owned and operated little amusement park that was located at the northwest corner of North and First Avenues in Melrose Park Illinois, was in business from 1928, until the park had closed for good in September of 2009.

Although I had a small three member audience, the spirit of the presentation was large. I had heard many fascinating stories from one audience member, who was a Kiddieland regular at some point in the past.

My presentation went over well nonetheless, and I will be returning to host another photo slideshow engagement at the Franklin Park Public Library on Saturday, September 10th, 2011 from 11:00 AM until 1:00 PM.
Please mark Your calendars.

Public speaking is a fun and interesting bonus I have discovered connected to hosting Eddie's Railfan Page.

Thanks.
Eddie K.

No comments: