Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Oak Park Society of Model Engineers H.O Scale Model Railroad Club.Oak Park Illinois USA. May 2011.

I took this photo recently, at the Oak Park Society of Model Engineers H.O Scale Model Railroad Club.

Fellow member Mitch and Myself, are both big fans of the former Illinois Central Railroad. In a scene right out of the late 1960's and early 1970's when I was growing up in Chicago, Mitch's orange and white Illinois Central EMD roadswitcher, meets My black and white Illinois Central EMD yard switcher.

The former Illinois Central had began to paint their locomotives orange and white with black "Block" style lettering in the year of 1967. My EMD switcher, wears the earlier color scheme.

This view was photographed at the back staging yard on the club layout.

Thanks for helping re create a Chicago scene from when I was growing up many years ago Mitch.

Eddie K.

No comments: